My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. All the posts are now on the new blog If that does not occur, visit
Da Factopedia
and update your bookmarks.

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty wins Celebrity Big Brother

Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty was last night voted the winner of Celebrity Big Brother. Miss Shetty was the firm favourite to win the contest considered the most controversial in the show's history, after she became the victim of alleged racist bullying by fellow contestant Jade Goody.

She let out a lengthy scream when host Davina McCall announced the vote, saying: "I can't believe it."

The Indian actress mouthed "thank you" to the crowd outside as she left the house.

She told McCall immediately afterwards: "I don't want to sound clichéd but it's truly been quite a rollercoaster...the highs, the lows, and each one has taught me so much."

Miss Shetty beat the other last remaining contestant singer Jermaine Jackson, the 52-year-old brother of Michael Jackson, with 63 per cent of the vote.

Bookies had placed her at 1/6 odds-on favourite to win.

She initially played down the rows, saying her biggest shock in the house was "to cook".

Miss Shetty looked shocked when Davina told her the fighting had caused a furore.

But then she said: "I kind of had an inkling but I'd love to hear about some news."

She then watched footage from the house, including Jade's diary room entries.

But in a short speech, she said she didn't want Jade to be branded a racist. She said: "Things happen, people make mistakes and we all learn from them.

"But I can say one thing for sure. Jade didn't mean to be racist. She isn't a racist. I really don't want to leave England putting anyone in trouble. This country has given me so much.


Read More Here: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,23569-2572443,00.html
Visit my mesothelioma and asbestos blog
Visit my alocohol problems and solutions blog
Visit my money matters blog
Go here 4 feeds

Technorati Tags:

Alcohol Problems and Solutions - Babes and Hunks of Orkut

No comments: